YouMatterWalk Terms and Conditions
YouMatterWalk Rules of Entry, Terms and Conditions
1. The YouMatterWalk is not a licensed walk, no numbers or medals will be provided and no timing will be applicable
2. Participants may start at any time between 07:00 and 12:00 when the route will be closed for the last participants to complete the walk.
3. Even though we call it a ‘walk’, you’re welcome to run if you wish to do so. All
participants are personally responsible to ensure they are physically fit to participate in the walk.
4. The walk is 2.5km, 5km or 10km with a water station on the 5km and 10km route. One ticket per participant is required.
5. Participants must obey the rules, instructions of marshals and security and stay on the route at all times
6. The walk is open to participants of all ages.
7. Please do not litter. Bins and boxes will be provided for refuse.
8. The organisers reserve the right to change the route if required by special regulations or unforeseen circumstances.
9. Tickets which include a T-shirt will close on Friday 25 August 2023
10. Tickets without a T-shirt will close on 2 September 2023
11. NO REFUND will be given for a lost ticket or for cancellation if you are unable to attend.
12. No GLASS or ALCOHOL will be allowed inside the premises
13. There will be food and beverages for sale on the day.
14. Medical support will be available
i. I register as an event participant. The event involves activities or sporting events of various degrees of physical activity.
ii. I am aware that, as a result of my participation in the sports activities, I may be exposed to situations that put me at risk, and I accept said risks and undertake at all times to act with all due caution and take the utmost care to limit the risks involved.
iii. I am aware that, within the nature of the event, pictures will be taken on the day which may feature me and I understand that these may be shared as a record of the day.
iv. Participation in any activities on the day of the event is at my own risk, and neither the Big Red Barn nor any other party involved can be held liable for any injury, discomfort, distress or any health complications that may result from my participation.
v. I acknowledge and agree that I will not have any claim of whatsoever nature against the organisers, the Big Red Barn or any of its officials, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, for any injury, damage or loss of any nature whatsoever that I or any of my property may sustain which directly or indirectly results from my participation in the sports activities, my presence on the Big Red Barn premises, making use of any facilities or equipment, from any act or omission by the Big Red Barn or any of its officials, employees, representatives, agents, contractors or otherwise.